Wednesday, February 3, 2016
Welcome to the Brownie Knits knitting video podcast! Grab some knitting or crochet and come hang out with me.
* Baker Street Socks out of Knit Picks Felici
* Across the Pond Shawl by Mina Phillipp out of Dream in Color Smooshy Magic Orchid and Haute Knit Tweed Sock Meet Me at the Ballet
* Half Granny Shawl by Anastacia Zittel out of Hedgehog Fibres Villain
Works in Progress:
* Turtlepurl Turtle Toes Om socks
* Maisie sweater by Hanna Maciejewska out of Malabrigo Mechita Teal Feather
*Faberge Shawl by Laura Aylor out of Dragonfly Fibers Pixie Mermaid and Dragonberry
* Knitting Expat podcast
* 7 Yaks Design sock blockers
* #FinishItFebruary knit/crochet along with Lina Knits
* A Thousand Falling Crows by Larry D. Sweazy
Follow Brownie Knits on Instagram and Ravelry!
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Welcome to the Brownie Knits video podcast! Grab some yarn and needles or hooks and join me for a knitting and crochet chat.
* Piccolo Sweater from Doggie Knits book by Corinne Niessner out of Cascade 220
* Libby's Boyfriend Sweater by Stephanie Steinhaus out of Madelintosh Vintage in Midnight Pass
* Farro Hat by Carina Spencer out of Rhichard Devrieze Worsted in Awed by Banksy
* Holly Jolly Socks by DancingDogDyeworks
* Knit Picks Felici Baker Street Socks
* Hot Water Bottle Cover by Lori Utely (Knit-Zilla) out of Miss Babs Yowza! in A Day at the Quarter Rose
Works in Progress:
* 1/2 Granny Square Shawl by Anastacia Zittel out of Hedgehog Fibres in Villain
*Indiana University Basketball Cowl 2016 out of Madelinetosh Pashmina Scarlet and Manos Serena Cream
Felted Flower Shop (on Etsy)
Krodenbach (on Etsy)
Passerine Hat by Erica Heusser
Cascade 220 Superwash Effects
Giveaways & Knit Alongs:
* #2016StashDown - Knit or crochet down your stash yarn throughout the year and post photos to the Brownie Knits thread to win a drawing every other month.
* #FinishItFebruary - Throughout the month of February, finish WIPS started prior to 2016 and post photos in the Brownie Knits and Lina Knits boards to win giveaways!
* Book and yarn giveaway! Share what you favorite bird is in the Ravelry thread in the Brownie Knits group and register to win a skein of Dream in Color Starry with Silver and the book A Thousand Falling Crows by Larry D. Sweazy.
Monday, January 4, 2016
Welcome to episode 33 of the Brownie Knits knitting video podcast. Join me for a review of some finished projects and works in progress. Plus, learn about #2016StashDown and #FinishItFebruary2016!
* DancingDogDyeworks Holly Jolly kit
* Farro Hat by Carina Spencer out of Rhichard Devrieze Awed by Banksy
* Snow Fence by Raise the Roof Designs
* Floss holder by Needlegoods on Etsy
* Knit Picks Hawthorne in Aquatic Speckle and Graffiti Speckle
* Knit Picks Felici in Rainbow
* Hedgehog Fibers Sock in Villain
* Thread catcher by Sew Southern Quilts on Etsy
Check out the Lina Knits podcast on YouTube and join us for #FinishItFebruary 2016 to have a chance to win our giveaways and get those unfinished projects completed!
Join the Brownie Knits group on Ravelry.com and post in the #2016StashDown thread to have a chance to win our giveaway packages.
Wednesday, December 16, 2015
Welcome to the BrownieKnits knitting video podcast. In this episode, I share some finished projects, some Christmas knits, and a lot of yarn shopping. Oops!!!!! No self control! Grab some knitting, crochet, or cross stitch and join me for a bit.
* Doodler by Stephen West of WestKnits knit out of Creatively Dyed Calypso, Miss Babs Windsor Sock, Tosh Sock in Citrus
* Hot Water Bottle Cover by Lori Utley out of Briar Rose Fourth of July
* Snow Fence cross stitch
* Needlegoods on Etsy
* Simply Socks kits (SimplySocks.com); Bird Leg Bags; Dragonfly Fibers Djinni and Poste Yarn
* DancingDogDyeworks Holly Jolly Kit
* HauteKnit in Meet Me at the Ballet
* Knit Picks Felici Baker Street
Join in the #2016StashDown on the Brownie Knits group in Ravelry!
Wednesday, December 2, 2015
Welcome to the BrownieKnits knitting podcast! In this episode, the year-long block blankets are revealed along with plans for 2016, lots of cross stitch, some holiday decorations, and one awesome swap package!
* Art by Minna Immonen (www.minnakortti.fi)
* Advent Adventure 2015: ravelry.com/projects/Hurja-Hanna/advent-calendar-adventure-2015
* Brownie Knits 2015 Block Blanket-Along: https://youtu.be/jIgILJcRVcw
* #2016StashDown plans!!!
* Doctor Ewe by Susan Claudino
* Turtlepurl Yarns in Om colorway
* Lanitium Ex Machina Glitter Sock in Limbo colorway: www.etsy.com/shop/lanitiumexmachina and http://www.lanitiumexmachina.com/shop
* Mini Mania Scarf by Sarah Core
Thanks so much for watching!
Tuesday, November 17, 2015
Welcome to episode 30 of the BrownieKnits knitting video podcast. There is SO much fun in this episode, including a yarnie idea for the holidays. Join me, won't you?!?
* Susie Rogers' Reading Mitts knit out of Paco Vicuna yarn from Bijou Basin Ranch
* Baa-ble Hat by Donna Smith out of Swans Island Merino Worsted, Cascade 220 Heathers, Berroco Vintage, and Madelinetosh Vintage
* Leslie Anne Hat by Brownie Knits, pattern available in Ravelry, Craftsy, and on BrownieKnits.com and the Brownie Knits Etsy shop
* Socks that Rock colorway Fall Frolic
* Doodler by Stephen West of WestKnits out of Creatively Dyed Calypso, Miss Babs fingering weight, and Madelientosh Tosh Sock
* IU Cowl out of Madelinetosh Pashmina and Manos Serena
* A Yarnie Holiday Idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join in the conversation in the Brownie Knits Ravelry group and follow along on Instagram!
Wednesday, November 4, 2015
Welcome to episode 29 of the BrownieKnits knitting video podcast! In this episode I release block 11 of the Brownie Knits 2015 Block Blanket-Along, go over ways to win two different giveaways, and show some finished knits! Join me for a quick sit and knit or crochet.
How to Enter the Meg's Trades of Hope Giveaway:
Like Meg's Trades of Hope page on Facebook
Follow @megmagnusson on Instagram
A winner will be drawn on 12/15/15 for the TOH Haitian bracelet and the hand-knitted Sabrina Beret. You can also learn more about Trades of Hope directly from Meg by watching this YouTube video: https://youtu.be/RIB3tYRXKYs
* Brownie Knits 2015 Block Blanket-Along (#bkblanketalong) available for free until 1/31/16 on BrownieKnits.com and Ravelry out of Berroco Vintage worsted in the Mushroom colorway
* Sabrina Cowl by A Knitter's Life out of Anzula Cricket in Red Shoe
* Sabrina Beret by Brownie Knits out of Anzula For Better or Worsted in Nimbus
* Gram's socks out of Patons Kroy Sock yarn in Cabos? colorway (no pattern for this one, but I used the Fish Lips Kiss Heel)
* Yikes Stripes Cowl by Ann Weaver of WeaverKnits out of Neighborhood Fiber Company worsted yarn
The photos of the hats at the beginning and end of the video are of the Leslie Anne Hat. This is a new hat pattern I designed and named after my mom. It is available in Ravelry and on BrownieKnits.com.
Thanks so much for watching!!!